Monday, 1 October 2012

Certainty

So I was planning to write about a concert I went to yesterday, but came up with a better idea instead. I decided to write about certainty. So little of my life is certain at the moment so I find myself needing to be reminded of the truths that I know to be one hundred percent fact:

I know that grass is green
I know that fire is hot and rain is wet
I know that 2 + 2 = 4
 
I know that I'm bad, I sin, I say mean things, I act rudely, I'm lazy
I know that an apple is a fruit
I know that the sun rises in the east and dies in the west
I know that this is repetetive
 
I know that you, Father, have plans for me 
I know that even though I am weak you are strong
I know that, God, You came down in human form and died for me to save me from myself
I know that one day I'm going to go home and be with You forever 
 
I know that every day people die, seasons turn, ice melts, clocks keep ticking, fashion changes, society changes, tears fall, smiles rise and fire dies
Yes Father I know that even though the world keeps on turning into new holes and hopes You are the constant axis on which it hangs
I know that humanity owes its existance to you
I know that by your wounds I am healed
I know that this life belongs to you
 
I know that You deserve this capital letter and so much more
I know that You deserve my life and devotion, so Father I'll try my best
I know that I have a family
I know that Jane Austen existed
I know that Jesus existed
 
I know that these words will soon be forgotten, even by me
I know that this blog post will end
 
like this


5 comments:

  1. Brilliant. YES you know all those things. YES for the power of words and declarations!!!! You are God's daughter, that is your identity. I know this. :D So much love coming your way. Been trying to get hold of you, pleeeeeease can we Skype? Tell me a time x x x xx x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sarah I really want to contact you! I'll text you.

      Delete
  2. This is such a wonderful post!Your pictures are incredible! My favorite one is the last one. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you :) I took it with my phone can you believe it? The joys of having a clever phone...

      Delete
  3. This is an incredible post! I love it so so much - thank you for reminding me of the certainty of God's love!

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)