Monday, 7 May 2012

My Souvenirs

Here's to the twilight, here's to the memories, these are my souvenirs, my souvenirs.


Isn't it incredible how one picture can summon a flood of memories? A photograph is like a trigger word, it ignites a trail of memories that leads you to the spring of nostalgia itself. Wave after wave of memory cascades upon you until you feel suffused with recollection. At least that's how I feel when looking at this photograph.

I applaud sunny afternoons and friendship and beauty and nature and warmth and laughter and joy. I applaud God for creating it all and letting me be a part of it.

Gina X

14 comments:

  1. I loved this afternoon! So much. You are so good at writing. Oh, also, love the new header :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the lighting in the is so beautiful! This picture is on my favorites! Thanks for linking up, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo and liking the new blog look! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lighting! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture! And I like the new header =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! :)

    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shot of the trio, Gina! :) The lightening is just beautiful, and you captured it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, Gina! That is one amazing photo--I'm going head over heels with your photography.

    And the header!! *squeals* Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new header!
    The picture you took is fabulous! It is neat how pictures can instantly trigger memories! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find that sounds as well as pictures can bring memories flooding back. I was listening to a song the other day and all of a sudden I remember a day that I spent with my brother and sister-in-law. We listened to the album with that song on it while we played a game of Risk. That is such a pretty picture! The lighting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Songs definitely bring back the memories. Memories remind me of those tiny burs which stick on your clothes when your walking...they cling on to something and don't let go! :)

      Delete
  11. this is so pretty! I love the light :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)