Friday, 30 March 2012

'A Voice in the Wind'


'A Voice in the Wind', Book one of the Mark of the Lion trilogy, by Francine Rivers

What a book. After 'Redeeming Love' I thought it couldn't really get any better. But this book greatly exceeded my expectations. It starts like this: shocking, harrowing, desperate but intriguing...you can't help but read on. I won't give the story away, I refuse to deprive you of it! But take my advice and: READ. You get drawn into the story and characters - for me that's a sign of a really good book.

It's a book which will encourage you, teach you, and strengthen your faith. Hadassah, the protagonist, is a character who will astound you! Her faith is INCREDIBLE. If there was ever a fiction role model she would be it.

The ending is infuriating! It leaves you in the most painful cliff-hanger in existance so you just have to go and buy the next book. Which is what I did almost immedietly after turning the last page. Straight on amazon, £6 something...best buy of my life. (Okay that's probably an exaggeration, I tend to do that a lot)

“Can you see air you breathe? Can you see the force that moves the tides or changes the seasons or sends the birds to a winter haven?" Her eyes welled. "Can Rome with all its knowledge be so foolish? Oh Marcus, you can't carve God in stone. You can't limit him to a temple. You can't imprison him on a mountaintop. Heaven is his throne; earth, his footstool. Everything you see is his. Empires will rise and empires will fall. Only God prevails.”

Anyway, I just had to have a rant about how good it is. I've been annoying everyone at home about how great it was so it's only fair that my enthusiasm spills onto blogger... :) Get reading!

Gina x


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that book! I'm so glad you've read it! Have you read the last of the 3? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not yet! But I will do soon... :) Xx

      Delete
  2. Going to the TOP of my VERY LONG reading list...that's quite something for me! Next one on the list. Sounds amazing.
    ...I have read 2 whole books though this holidays......you'll be proud ;-)...Narnia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! You'll defintely enjoy it :) Narnia's a good shout, I'm going to try and get them after Milla..hehe :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this but it sounds great. I need to read redeeming love. Mills badgered me for about a year to read it and I have heard it is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes you do! Redeeming Love is in a league of its own, but they're all brilliant :)

      Delete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)