Sunday, 11 November 2012

In the grip of Autumn...


Autumn is the sudden jump of orange on the landscape,
the bite of cold in the air, sharp and lingering on your skin
 
Autumn is the welcoming golden flames that lick the fireplace,
the intake of breath as the frost tightens its grip around your lungs.
 
Autumn is the comfort of fingers around a steaming mug of tea,
the bite of chocolate as the grass moans as dew thickens and freezes outside,
 
Autumn belongs to the vapour billowing from small lips, the hope of a clear morning
and the safe condensation on the window.

Autumn is breathtaking - thank you God.


4 comments:

  1. Gina, absolutely positively gorgeous photos.
    and FYI, I love the header. simple, but really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absoltely stunning. The way you have captured the warm autumnal light is ASTONISHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! So breathtakingly autumnal - both the photos and the poem :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I tagged you at my blog (Scribblings of a Dreamer):http://scribblingsofadreamer1.blogspot.com/2012/11/all-about-elevensies_5708.html

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)