Saturday, 24 November 2012

What warmth looks like:


My hands move stiffly as I type, navigating the keys through layers and layers of clothing. My fingers are crawling over the letters at an arctic pace. Outside it's dark and freezing, the air solidifying as the seconds tick by. The window is misted up and fog filters through the valley, snaking around the green curves like a slow moving river. Winter has finally hit Monkton.
 
Sorry, when I get the chance to write descriptively I tend to go overboard. I'm just trying to sum up my situation right now. I'm pretty sure my middle toe on my left foot has gone numb, but I'm ignoring it. Just like I'm trying to ignore the tiredness that claws at my eyes. Why is it that the best inspiration always comes last thing at night?
 
I was completely ready for bed, hot chocolate in the microwave and everything. I just had to give into temptation and switch on the computer. Mistake. Anyway, I was procrastinating and pushing the thought of tomorrow morning to the back of my mind, when I saw this picture. I looked at it and almost melted on the spot.
 
I can just feel the warmth flooding through my bones and smoothing my shivers, easing the tension. This picture makes you think that you could almost pick the warmth up and squeeze the heat into real life, the gentle summer sun oozing against your skin...why am I torturing myself like this?
 
I just need to suck it up and go to bed. Okay...I'm going. I'll do it.

Goodnight all!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Gina! I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for commenting on my blog! Comments are just sugar in the iced tea. =) Lovely blog you have here, m'dear! I hope you come back and visit often! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read!!! Don't apologise for ONE second, your descriptions are stunning. As is the warmth of this photograph. Oh you carry so many gems Gina! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! By the way, even though I can imagine you're freezing, just the thought of winter make me jealous. While you're being frozen, the South African sun is usually baking us to a crisp this time of year (though, thankfully ,the rain is saving us for a short time,then soon we'll bake again). Keep warm! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)