Monday, 7 January 2013

what's in my head


So I haven't posted in ages. In truth, it was a visit from my lovely friend eve, who reminded me that I hadn't blogged in a while. So here I am, sitting at the computer. No pictures prepared, no clever ideas...just me and whatever's in my head.
 
What is in my head?
 
I'm thinking of all the people I'm going to miss when I go away, the awful haircut that's sitting on my head, if I should go and play the piano, if I'm working on Thursday or not, if my guitar case is going to be too heavy, that it's only 8 days away (!), all the things I need to cram in, people I need to see, money that needs to be paid, Tanzania, Tanzania, Tanzania!
 
Aaaaaaah.
 
Sometimes I just need to breathe. Be still. Be still and know that He is God.
 
Because he is: He provides, he loves unremittingly, he gives peace, he desires my good. Sometimes just thinking about those things, means that everything else is pushed into a smaller problem. A smaller ball of noise in the back of my head, not something that crowds my mind until I have to lie down in a darkened room and just sleep and sleep.
 
As Jon Foreman said in one of his many brilliant songs: 'all that's in my head is in your hands'. And it is so true!
 
So I said I didn't have a picture prepared, and that was true. But I hate posting without one...it feels so wrong. So I haven't cheated, I've just dug up an old one that I love, but I don't think I've shared with you yet.

Happy new year,
 
Gina x

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Totally agree, it's like you've just put what's on my mind down on a computer screen! Crazy! And beautiful photo, love the quality of light :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so true- I love how you write so honestly. And I love the Jon Foreman quote. What a wise man!

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)