There's something inspiring about a blank peice of paper, or, in this case, an empty box with a blinking cursor. It begs the question where to begin? I'm home alone at the moment, parents are out, siblings walking the dog...there's just me sitting at my computer, the sound of switchfoot mingling with birdsong, a guitar slung over my shoulder, sun on my lap...this rare solitude inspires naughtiness, makes me really tempted to do something outrageous that I wouldn't normally do....hehe, any ideas?
There are probably all sorts of blogs circulating, raving about spring time, but despite the unoriginality, it's where I want to start. Maybe because it is itself a beginning, a beginning to the bloom and fragrance of summer and an end to the rigid, frost covered confines of winter.
The song ends and I lean back to listen to the symphony of noise coming from the open door...literally a symphony. Birds of all kinds tweeting, chirping, screeching in the mellow light, frantically fluttering around and pecking at the budding trees. Isn't it the best feeling ever when the sun comes out? You can feel it slowly creeping forward and brightening everything, shedding rays through the trees and casting shadows onto the garden path. Being in the bottom of the valley, I frequently find myself sitting in these shadows, but to venture out into the sun is like being bathed in warm water after an hour in the sea. Heavenly.
The familar, high-pitched squeak of the gate alerts me, and I hear the low murmmer of voices slowly make their way round the bend of the house. They're back. Instead of sitting inside at the computer, I think I should go and enjoy the sporadic springtime sun, dont you?
And perhaps I'll take a camera with me and see what I find...
![]() |
| Darling dog number one, Archie. |
![]() |
| Darling dog number two, Alfie (their names are not similar delibteratly!) |
Gina x



This is beautiful. :) I can't wait to see what else you write in your blog. Hurry up and write, I'm all excited now! x
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! There'll be lots more I promise. You're my first comment :)
Delete