...My Guitar
So, it’s the usual start. All I get is a longing glance,
then that’s it. Left to my own devices for a few hours while she sits at that
desk and does nothing as far as I can see, flicks a few pages now and then…you
get my gist. My day properly starts in the afternoon. She takes me outside and sits
on the bench, both of us drinking in the weak sunlight, basking in its warmth.
We sing together for a while, her fingers plucking the strings and sliding up
and down the fret board, I can tell she loves it.
She left me outside today though. Not a pleasant experience, I can tell you. She’s not aware of this,
but that mangy black think almost pushed me over. Came up to me, all big eyed
and mouth open, slobber hanging, breath overpowering…Well, I couldn’t do much
except glare at it, stare it down until it backed off. It worked (of course) but
not before it pushed its wet nose all over my face and thwacked its tail
against my side… It went away for a while and blinked at me from a distance.
Stupid mutt.
She came over and petted it, buried her face in its fur.
Typical. We played again, but this time she fiddled with the strings, twisted
them until my voice became all lumpy and uneven, high and low…I sounded…different.
She strapped the capo on too; my curiosity was almost at breaking point. She played something different, something I’d
never heard before, the chords were a different shape. She began to sing.
Afterwards she took me to the piano and tuned me back, I
slotted comfortably into the notes I was used to, relishing their familiarity
and snugly hugging her fingers as she plucked a proverbial tune. Yep, it was
definitely better this way. She leaned me against the side of a bench and began
pointing something at me, it was a dark small box, with a huge glassy eye…it
was worse than the dog. But after a few strange clicks and beeps she put it
down and played something else, so I was pacified.
It’s the usual end: lifted into her bedroom, leaned
against the side of the desk and made to wait in darkness until the next
morning. There you go an insight into my riveting and thrilling life as a
guitar.
+(3).jpg)
Gina, this post is so sweet and beautiful. I have loved looking through your blog. You have a real talent in writing and photography, oh and your post on song choices, I LOVE! Abi xx
ReplyDeleteAw thank you! That's really nice of you. I love your blog - you're so creative! Hope all is well with you :) Xx
Delete