Thursday, 14 June 2012

'There are no words for this'

I've decided to go deep...I wrote this a few days ago in my prayer journal, but wanted to share it on here. So here it is, a sort-of testimony:

I cannot even begin to describe how incredible that dog walk was. I didn't even want to go, but I was suddenly, deeply doused in His breathtaking splendour, overawed by His grace, encompassed in His beauty, swamped by His unconditional and incomprehensible LOVE.

Why?

I was totally undeserving, my heart and mind beat the rythmn of rebellion, yet He chose to love me anyway. I am completely at His mercy, He who 'woos my tired soul' and Just. Keeps. Loving. Me. I was overwhelmed by His joy. I laughed aloud, shouted His praise, his glorious name. I spun around in circles.

As soon as I entered the field His presence overcame me. I waded through the long, dew-adorned grass and spread of buttercups that lay on the earth like a golden carpet. My headphones were in, raincoat on, lead and whistle around my neck, treats in my pocket.

I let Alfie off the lead and almost immedietly began to laugh as he rolled around in the grass. He lolloped away from me, ears flapping in and out of sight. I pressed play on my ipod and looked around me.

Tiny, dragon-fly esque creatures were batting through the air, dodging the treachorus stabs of rain. I walked onwards, my awarenes of Him growing with each step. He was everywhere! In every plant, every tree, every fly, every drop of rain singing through the humid summer air. Rabbits ahead of us parted in waves. One second being still, pausing as if statues, the next speeding away in a trail of rapid dignified hops. It was beautiful. I was WELL aware I was being blessed by Him.

The cows on the other side of the river began picking up pace, and we flowed downwards together in a fluid motion. Alfie stayed close to me, darting backwards and forwards, fun straining with loyalty. I blew the whistle for Alfie to come as I could no longer see his blurry, black shape weaving between the long grass. But instead of Alfies answering yelp and flash of black, something else rose amidst the trees. A heron.

My mouth dropped to the ground, eyes wide open. It stretched itself off the ground, long wings streaking through the air. It's body rippled with motion. I could see everything: it's long beak, streaked feathers - It was SO close! I watched it circle the sky above me, rising and falling in long stretches before dissapearing over the foliage.

I couldn't believe it. Emotions cascaded upon me: awe, happiness, joy, confusion - how could He bless me this much? I didn't deserve it...His love is fathomless. Being so completely utterly lost in His grace, my reactions flitted from tears to laughter. I screeched His praise, shouting His name and sobbing pure disblief at His love for me.

Why was He bestowing on me such favour? I hadn't even wanted to walk the dog, my thoughts were bitter, tongue sharp...when I was so undeserving He gave me this - the gift of his g-l-o-r-i-o-u-s creation.

I started to walk back and it was then that the words of Jenny and Tyler began to speak to me. I was unbelievable, WAY too much of a coincidence to be anything but divinely ordained. My soul echoed those very words, they correlated so closely to my heart.

I don't think I've every felt so moved, or been so alive with the Holy Spirit.

Magnificant one I love you.



So I'll be impressed if you read all of that. I wrote it in quite a rush so parts of it probably don't make sense, I probably change tenses, spell things wrong...but I wanted to post it, like it?

Have you had a serendipituous God experience recently?
Gina

2 comments:

  1. There truly are no words for this post - amazing (yet that doesn't cover it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I am so glad you experienced God like this!! I cried. And it's utterly beautiful. I echo Abbie's words.

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)