Sunday, 22 April 2012

Eighteen

It is literally the best feeling ever when you hear the 'SURPRISE!' and a sudden rush of noise and people come swiriling out of the quiet and attack you! It's never happened to me before and now twice in the space of three days!


The first time I was completely unsuspecting. Sarah, Milla and I were trudging up the garden path soaking wet and exhausted from playing tennis in the rain, I see my dad through the window holding a camera - still, I don't suspect anything. I open the door and make some comment to my dad then the next thing I know my senses are overwhelmed and I am too stunned to make a reaction.


Everyone came out of everywhere...there were people hiding under the table with  blankets over them, people behined the corner, doors, through the next room...they all come out at once with huge smiles on their faces and balloons in their hands! It was the nicest feeling ever, I felt like I wanted to burst! I was so choked up, I couldn't explain to people how happy it made me.

Megan with whipped cream on her face!

There was a banner up, balloons, party poppers, nice food, champagne, birthday cakes...but what was best of all was that they'd managed to get (almost) everyone I loved in the same room!

The second time (I felt really spoilt!) was after church. My friends had come in on a Sunday, brought and made food, layed out a picnic, strung up bunting and blown up balloons. At first I couldn't take it in, I thought there had been a mistake! Two surprises who's lucky enough to get that?? So rounding the corner for the second time I recieved another massive surprise! How am I so blessed by God to have such loving friends?! It was Kate's birthday too so I got to surprise her when she came around the corner next, seeing her face drop in utter disbelief was priceless!


We spent a lot of time laughing about the amount of distraction and secrets that had to be spread in order for it to work, took a lot of photos, ate a lot of food, played some guitar and just chatted and chilled. So I want to thank my friends for the surprises and thank God for my friends!

There are more photos over at our joint blog: the tea house, go and check them out!
What experience has made you happy?
Gina x

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had an amazing one =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing two moments for me too :-)!!! Distracting you was TRICKY ;) Loved it. And LOVE YOU . Happy happy birthday one again.

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)