Friday, 13 April 2012

My Earliest Childhood memory...

Warning: there are A LOT of photos ahead. But who wouldn’t take tons of photos with cousins like these?? Their visit reminded me of something, something sweet and fleeting: Childhood. Their easy laughter and simple delights took be back to the realm of imagination and endless hours of free-time…Childhood was like one extended holiday! But the wave of nostalgia can be almost-suffocating. As much as I long for those sunny, rose-tinted, days in my memory I have to remind myself that what’s coming next it going to be just as good. The unknown may freak me out, but hey, God’s got it in hand.

Enjoy the photos, we enjoyed taking them! We did a lot of Trampolining, dog-training, card tricks, rabbit hunting, laughing, ‘waking people up’, jumping on Johnny, feet tickling and probably lots more that I can’t remember.



Can you see her?


Ahh she does make me laugh.




This face needs explaining (briefly). She was disgusted by the tick on
Archie (my dog) and spend most of the afternoon running away from it!


haha, the typical silly one...

I’m going to share a childhood memory with you. It’s probably my first ever memory…I was crying in the kitchen because it was raining outside. It was torrential! (That’s how I remember it anyway) Mum was kneeling beside me buttoning up this ridiculous duck raincoat with a beak sticking out the top. Toby, Johnny, Milla and Dad were all outside mucking around in it…but I was inside bawling because I was scared. ‘Mummy, what if it doesn’t stop like Noah?’ I asked tearfully.

I can’t remember her reply, I can’t remember anything else. But I wanted to record it as I’ll probably forget in a few years, but now it’s written eternally.

about to jump...


Cute huh?


I LOVE this face! So sweet and genuine :)


So I’m curious, what’s your favourite childhood memory? I’d love to hear it :)

Gina x

7 comments:

  1. That is SO cute! It looks like you had a beautiful time. And that 'silly' photo is a really good look for you!! hahaha ;)
    Can't wait to see you sooooon though! And you're childhood really is almost over... the big one eight is looming! :/ xxoxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! Yep me neither, the date is looming ever closer!! I think I'll always be a child at heart - as long as I keep watching disney (which will be FOREVER!) ;) Xx

      Delete
  2. I really like the silly photo. Cute! :-)
    I'm not sure what my favorite childhood memory is. I think my earliest memory is of watching my mom and aunt put up noah's ark wallpaper in my bedroom. My favorite memory might be the time my brother and I decided to climb a tree. We have a video of us stacking our wagons, bicycles, and yard toys and climbing up the stack, trying to reach the first branch. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that sounds so sweet! It's so fun to watch back childhood videos, if only there's a way of putting them on blogger...there probably is, but I'm just too techichally inept to figure it out ;) Xx

      Delete
  3. CAYOOT!!! I also have a massive love for the silly face picture!! And imagining you in your duck coat with its beak with your upset little face.....ADORABLE! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos!! good job!

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SO beautiful. They capture childhood wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)