There's nothing like a bit of ambiant photography. It's basically photography using natural light...to make the most of it I used a window and grabbed the dull morning light. Here is a sample of my attempts:
It is literally the easiest form of photography ever, but turns out nice because of the natural light! It's quite simple: find a window, find a person, find a camera and snap away!
Okay, okay, for some more sophisticated tips, it's good to find some interesting angles too. Try putting their face close to the window - it'll seem unatural but won't look it. And I wouldn't try it on a blindingly sunny day either, overcast weather is probably best (there's no shortage of that here in England) And to make the photographs interesting use a prop or something...I experimented with hats and scarfs etc...overall I found that simplicity works best, but you do get the odd rarity that gives a photograph an interesting quirk.
Happy snapping! Ever tried it yourself?
Gina x






Beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteGood idea...must try!
ReplyDeleteThose are really pretty pictures! Thanks for the tips!
ReplyDeleteThese are all really pretty photographs! Your eyes are so blue! I love blue eyes:)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Kianna Rose
http://kiannaskorner.blogspot.com
girl! i love this! i should probably try this but about the mellow light, ours here is just extremely sunny, I wonder if my photos would look as subtle and natural as yours. I found your blog through Orla and I'm a newest follower! :D
ReplyDeleteROnida
Thank you!! The dull light for ambiant photography is probably the only up side of living in a place with almost constant cloud cover :/ I'm sure your photographs will work well, tell me when you do them! :)
Delete