Thursday, 5 July 2012

Black and White...well, almost.

I love this one, such genuine emotion :)

“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!”  Ted Baker

I don't think this is always strictly true, but photographing in black and white does have a certain mysterious quality to it that colour can't quite grasp. I think it gives the pictures more depth and makes people look at them more closely, it certainly puts more emphasis on the light and shadow in the picture. I just love black and white photography! Yes I am aware that there's one rogue colour photograph lurking in there somewhere, but I thought it made quite a nice contrast :)

What do you prefer?

Gina X

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely STUNNING as ever!!! I love the colour one, amazing contrasts within it. The candles and wheat ones are also incredible!! Can I employ you as my LIFE photographer???!! Forever?! :-D

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)