Friday, 6 July 2012

Occupation Stalking, Employment Pursuing, Job Hunting....



Getting a job has to be one of the most demoralising tasks I've ever done. Firstly, print out hundreds (almost literally) of C.V's and then spend a long afternoon trapsing around town knocking on shop doors. The reactions vary, some were flat out: 'No.' 'Oh...can I just leave my C.V with you anywa-' 'No.' and others were a little nicer like: 'Not at the moment, but we'll take your C.V and give you a call.'

I think I had about two hopefuls: 'yeah we've got vaccancies...' but mostly it's all about mustering courage, getting deflated and scraping yourself back up again. Which, is probably a 'character building experience' (don't you just hate that phrase?? Normally because it involves something that you don't like but have to grit your teeth about)

Anyway, what I've learnt from this little escapade of mine, is not to let dissapointment affect determination. Persevere, in other words. It has taught me to completely rely on God. If he wants me to get a job to raise money for my trip to Tanzania then it will happen. God is so much bigger and better than me. How could I even contemplate relying on my own puny strength? It's like relying on a feather to carry a boulder rather than a crane. (Alright that was an awful analogy, it just came to me on the spot, go with it...it works) But seriously though, he made my brain. So just how much more incredible and clever is He!?

Here's a better analogy:
Well...'better' is a relative term.

So you'll probably never visit this blog again after experiencing this pathetic excuse for a diagram/analogy but hey ho. You get the gist of what I'm trying to say hopefully!! To be a little clearer I'm going to sum up: Persevere. Trust in God :)

And because I'm desperate: Anyone know of any jobs going in Bath??

Gina X

4 comments:

  1. Keep going- all these places must be saying no because God has something so much better for you! Ha I love the picture! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha the drawing is just brilliant. 'relative term'... nice. :) Good and much needed blog post Gina! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Wow, job hunting sounds really stressful, but don't worry, something according to God's plan is sure come. Thanks for the encouragement on persevering and trusting in God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post so so much. And the drawing.....well to be fair, it reminded me of Mr Sertin's ;) but BRILLIANT message.

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)