Monday, 2 July 2012

leaning on His arms


These past few weeks have been CRAZY. (Hence the lack of blogging, sorry!) It's been the end of my time at Monkton, full of so many goodbyes that will probably hit me at random intervals throughout this next year. I've had all-nighters, fireside guitar, endless surfing, incredible prayer sessions, laughter, dressing up for nice occasions, deep chats - it's been wonderful. And yet all of it has been tinged with a touch of saddness from the knowledge that it's all about to end.

I hate endings. Yet with an ending there is always a new beginning. Already, I'm beginning new endeavours - such as learning to drive, getting a job, forming a prayer quadruplet...being out of school has given me something I didn't expect to feel: freedom. I was so preoccupied with the saddness of it all that I didn't realise I would feel this free.

That brings a verse to mind:
'You, my brothers, have been set free. But do not use your freedom to induldge your sinful nature, instead serve one another in love.' Galations 5 v13
Of course I have a lot of worries and such about next year, mainly because God hasn't revealed what he wants me to do yet! He's closed many of the doors I thought would be open and in doing so has made me realise that I can't do it unless I completely lean on his everlasting arms. So here I am, leaning.


And to accompany this nostalgic, deep and slightly random post are some happy and optimistic shots:








Do you have any endings or even beginnings coming up?

Gina x

6 comments:

  1. I *love* the photos! Particularly the one of your dad surfing and Alfie's nose :) It's so sad that we're all moving on, but we're moving on together and God has got some crazy exciting plans for you... I can't wait to see how he uses your creativity and passion for Him :D love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs, incredible thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful photos! I know it is hard now but honestly u won't believe what god has in store for you this coming year. Looking back on how I have changed and grown and developed, I wouldn't have dreamed it a year ago standing where you are now. Trust in him, for he is with you wherever you go. You will have awesome times ahead, I am positive! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really wonderful photos! The surfing one is amazing. I've never been surfing but I'd like to try... someday:)

    I know how you feel about endings. The best thing to do during those "endings" is to wait in HIM! I am learning that God's plans are always in my best interest... even when I don't see the results immediately.

    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11

    I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. ~Revelation 3:8

    Be strengthened in HIM!

    Kianna Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos! They truly are happy and optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your very encouraging and lovely comments! :) X

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this then put your thoughts in the box! I'd love to hear them :)